At the beginning of September, the YWAM family will gather in a way it has never gathered before. Not only YWAM’s workers but also YWAM’s students, alumni and friends of YWAM are all invited to come. It promises to be one of the largest and most inclusive gatherings in YWAM’s history. The participants will consider what it means to see God’s purposes in all the spheres of society: family, economics, government, religion, education, celebration, and media.
The event will happen from September 4 through 10 in Kansas City, USA. It’s called YWAM Together and there is still time to sign up if you want to come. Just go to the YWAM Together website and register.
You are also invited to pray with YWAM for our big event. The focus of YWAM’s global prayer day for August, called The Invitation, is the YWAM Together gathering. You can pray with us on the prayer day, August 11, or on any other day that works for you or your community.
The Significance of This Gathering
Our international YWAM gatherings have always been times of seeking God’s face, hearing fresh words from Him, allowing our hearts to encounter Him, renewing and establishing friendships and gaining new vision for our individual and corporate roles in discipling nations. Repeatedly the Lord has challenged our hearts and led us corporately to covenant with Him on issues on His heart when we have gathered before Him. Over the last two years in particular, these events have gathered momentum and brought us together to new places in Him.
Heading to the YWAM Together gathering in Kansas City in September we sense many streams are converging. Representatives of the whole tribe of YWAM, YWAM alumni, and partners in prayer and mission all will come together to seek the Lord and His global purposes for us. This will indeed be a holy convocation if we are humble and seek His face.
To that end, whether you are able to attend or not, we invite you to join us in focused prayer leading up to and during the gathering.
We invite you to pray for:
1) Presence of God
In 2014 at a YWAM leadership gathering in Singapore, participants sensed God speaking about seeking God and His presence above all else.
- That this will be a time when God deals with His people and that we may have revelation and grace to know how to live godly lives in a post-modern world with a clear conscience (2 Peter 1:3-8).
- That the entire gathering will be marked by God’s presence, and that we will hear the word of the Lord, especially as we face sobering challenges of discipling the nations in the critical times we live in.
- That prophetic discernment will be clear leading up to and during the event.
- That God would have His way among us. Pray that the event will be well-planned, but that we would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit when He wants to redirect us or change the order of the agenda.
2) YWAM Family
- That YWAMers will fully recognize the value of maintaining relationship and partnering with their alumni, the ones who are currently active in the discipling of nations in all seven spheres. (For more information, see this page on spheres of society.)
- That YWAM staff and YWAM associates will be “family” as we reach and disciple the nations and take the Kingdom into the spheres.
- That the missions movement and the prayer movement will connect and synchronize more than ever.
- For revelation, insight and unity as sphere groups come together.
- That we will grow in our understanding of the power of influence and authority given to the spheres of society.
- That participants will receive greater clarity in their roles in various spheres.
- That our appreciation of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit would grow as we apply God’s Word to the whole of life.
- For a sense of family and of belonging—for all nations and all generations.
- For preparation of hearts. For a heart of humility, prayer, fear of the Lord, and a willingness to change where necessary.
- For grace and unity as many expressions of delegates working in prayer, missions, business, government, and education converge.
- For those who are unable to attend to still to be able to connect through prayer, friendship and watching the event on live stream.
- For safety in travel arrangements, and for visas for those who need them.
- That all would encounter the Lord and many would receive greater clarity for God’s call on their lives.
- For the full complement of delegates to be released.
- For children and teenagers to be transformed through the children’s program.
- For unity in the event eldership (Founders’ Circle members, plenary speakers, conveners).
- For guidance for the conveners of various spheres and breakout sessions.
- Pray for David Hamilton and others who are preparing resources.
- For the Kansas City team as they host and prepare for us—especially Mark and Karen Anderson and Barb Livingston as they coordinate logistics.
- For teams going to Kansas City to assist in running the event, pray for grace, energy, smooth communication, joy and a heart to serve.
- Pray for the full release of resources—finances, equipment, hospitality.
To register for YWAM Together, or to watch the live streaming, go to ywamkc2016.org.
How We Prayed
On last month’s prayer day, YWAM focused on refugees – July 14, 2016:
- One YWAM team member had just returned from ministering at the border of Macedonia and Thessaloniki, Greece serving Syrian, Iraqi, Yazidi and Kurdish refugees and encouraged readers on Facebook to pray for and serve refugees.
- The following YWAM locations reported that they prayed for refugees: Minneapolis, USA; South Korea; Hong Kong; Buka Island, Papua New Guinea; Lapu-Lapu City Cebu, Philippines; Quezon City, Philippines; Las Vegas, NV USA; Papua New Guinea; Pernambuco, Brazil; Greenville, SC USA; Tanzania; Nigeria; Germany; Redding, CA USA; Cody, WY USA; Juazeiro do Norte, Brazil; Bass Lake, Gowen, MI USA; and Ceará, Brazil.
Don’t Miss The Invitation
Upcoming topics for The Invitation:
- September 8 – Universities
- October 13 – A Year of Answered Prayer
Don’t miss The Invitation:
- Sign up for prayer updates. On ywam.org, find the “Stay Connected” box on the home page, put in your email address and click “Sign Up.”
- Download prayer updates in a specific language. Go to ywam.org/theinvitation. (Currently available in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Indonesian, Korean or request other languages.)
- If you sense God giving you a word or a direction for YWAM’s prayer, please contact us.