Every YWAM worker, including the founder, Loren Cunningham, raises enough funds to meet his or her own financial needs. For most people in YWAM, these funds come from friends, family and churches who contribute financially. Other YWAMers rely on their own savings, part-time jobs, foreign employment, small businesses or even–in the case of some of our older staff–pension income.
If you have recently joined YWAM and would like to begin raising financial support, or if you have been a YWAMer for many years and would like to strengthen your support team, the resources below can help. Also, we suggest that you find someone on your YWAM team who will agree to assist you as you raise support. Ask him or her to pray for you and hold you accountable to your support raising goals.
- Relational Fundraising Course. This free, four-module online course was developed by Terry Sherman, a support raising trainer with YWAM in Europe. You can also hear Terry explain support raising in this video, and you can receive many helpful tools in Terry’s folder of resources.
- Loren Cunningham on support raising. Loren’s thoughts on why YWAMers raise support.
- Donation Info. This document provides basic information for people who want to give to YWAM, and it can also help you figure out how to get your support income processed.
- How to increase your support income. A group of experts deal with issues such as, what if you’ve run out of people to contact?
- Not enough support? Suggestions for how to increase support from Betty Barnett and Holmes Bryant.
- Poor churches learn to give. With handfuls of rice, eight churches that YWAM has started among road workers, the poorest of the poor, are now supporting 21 evangelists. Impossible? They thought so too.
- Friend Raising. Betty Barnett’s book on how to nurture the relationships that are at the heart of support raising.
- The God Ask: A Fresh, Biblical Approach to Personal Support Raising. A book by support raising trainer Steve Shadrach.
- Funding Your Ministry. A book by Scott Morton that gives biblical advice for how to overcome support-raising obstacles.
- Support Raising Solutions Newsletter. Follow this blog or sign up for the free email newsletter to get tips from the top support-raising trainers.